Subscribe to my Aviation & Aerospace mailing list: http://eepurl.com/gdjY3v
15 Things Only Air Show Fans & Aviation Enthusiasts Would Understand
Hello, my name is Ben Lovegrove and in this video I’m going to describe 15 things that perhaps only air show visitors would understand.
Enjoying an air show takes a bit of planning, but like all best laid plans sometimes circumstances conspire against you.
So see if you can relate to any of these or post a comment below with your examples or alternative ideas.
1. You set off in good time only to be held up on the motorway, so you arrive late, join the queue for the car park, and eventually park about a mile from the main entrance. You walk across the grass, reminiscing about a misspent youth at the Glastonbury Festival, and join the queue at the entrance.
As you get close to the gate you realise you’ve left the spare batteries for your camera in the car.
2. Once inside you can’t decide whether to study all the static aircraft on display or head straight for the crowd line. You start walking around, past the static displays, conscientiously studying the plaques and trying to absorb the information. You do this for three aircraft before abandoning the idea and taking photos of the information plates which you swear you’ll study at home.
You never do.
3. You take photos – hundreds of them. You zoom in to take a close-up of the wheel struts on a warbird imagining the resulting photo is going to look arty and provoke hundreds of likes on Facebook and Instagram.
4. You decide the airshow program is overpriced and you don’t want to carry it around all day so you forget the air display timings. Consequently, while you’re queuing for a cup of coffee that costs as much as the program, you miss the aircraft you’ve been looking forward to for the past three months.
5. By noon you’re famished having set off at 6 AM so you choose the food stall with the shortest queue. Eventually it’s your turn to buy a lukewarm sausage in a dry baguette, sprinkled with half cooked chopped onions, served by a woman who coughs into her hand before picking up the baguette. You ask for a bottle of water and hand over a tenner.
As you walk away with a £1 in change you swear you’ll buy the VIP package next year.
6. The following year you do treat yourself to the VIP package and pay three times the price for some equally lukewarm quiche and a bit of smoked salmon.
While you sit eating it, pausing to sip some unimpressive rosé , you realise you’re missing the vibe around the beer bus and the taste of chips.
7. Not wanting to miss anything you enter a marquee and start browsing around the stalls. As you walk past the piles of books, the model aircraft, the pilot gear, and the bored-looking bloke on the stall selling timeshares in Florida, you hear the unmistakable sound of an F-16’s afterburner.
You resist the urge to push past the people in front of you as you head for the exit.
Continued in the video…
My Secrets Revealed:
I create these videos using Content Samurai: https://goo.gl/N548yd
I film footage using these products: https://goo.gl/fkbWgN
I optimise these videos using TubeBuddy: https://goo.gl/NERkZ2
Capture video footage on the go with the Osmo Pocket: http://ow.ly/xWHM30od87p
Flight Training, Private & Commercial Pilot: https://goo.gl/EuD7wt
Learn To Fly, Get Your Pilot’s Licence: https://goo.gl/6Z6h6P
General Aviation: https://goo.gl/p8MLZY
Aviation Careers: https://goo.gl/bhZWXL
Career Training & Business Tools: https://goo.gl/rh9P46
This presentation contains images that were used under a Creative Commons License. Click here to see the full list of images & attributions: https://app.contentsamurai.com/cc/333183
This presentation may also include video clips licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license and/or video clips of our own.
As an Amazon Associate, DJI, iTunes, etc affiliate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. If you click through a link I share I may earn some commission from the sale. It doesn’t affect the price you pay.