Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
All of Garmin’s pilot training opportunities through June 2021 will be in a virtual learning format.
While Garmin usually holds training opportunities in person throughout the year, that has changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That led the company to introduce a variety of virtual training opportunities, ranging from Garmin pilot’s guides, PC trainers, eLearning courses, and monthly customer webinars.
Instructor-led virtual training
Instructors focus on scenario-based training through scheduled and on-demand sessions intended for all levels of experience. To see the full calendar of Garmin training events and information on purchasing these classes, go to Fly.Garmin.com/Training.
Courses are available for a variety of Garmin’s products, including the GTN and GTN Xi series of navigators, the G1000, Aviation Weather Radar, and more. The company also will create custom on-demand training for customers.
Pilots also can receive instruction through eLearning courses that guide them through scenarios intended to build understanding and proficiency with Garmin avionics. Using a computer, tablet or smartphone, pilots can access the courseware immediately through the eLearning platform. Garmin eLearning courses come with a two-year subscription and can be purchased at Fly.Garmin.com/Training.
eLearning opportunities include:
• Garmin GTN Essentials 2.0: This course provides instruction on the fundamental operation of the GTN and GTN Xi touchscreen navigators, as well as helicopter features, for pilots that are new to the GTN or just want a refresher.
• Garmin TXi Essentials: For pilots who are new to the system, this course will provide instruction on fundamental operation of the touchscreen flight display.
• Garmin G1000 NXi: Pilots will have four comprehensive courses to choose from that will provide training on the G1000 NXi depending on the needs of the pilot to enable effective use of situational awareness and decision-making resources the system provides. All four courses will be available by December 2020.
• Garmin G3000 Essentials: This eLearning course introduces pilots to the operation and user interface of Garmin’s most advanced flight decks.
• Garmin G5000 Essentials 2.0 and 2.0 PLUS: Introduces pilots to the operation and user interface of Garmin’s most advanced flight decks and latest features. The G5000 Essentials 2.0 PLUS course includes a separate module that describes autothrottle usage.
• Garmin Aviation Weather Radar 2.0: Diving deeper than the weather radar section in the Pilot’s Guide, this course helps pilots understand the fundamentals of weather radar and take full advantage of Garmin GWX systems.
Monthly one-hour webinars
These no-cost one-hour
This post was originally published by General Aviation News on . Please visit the original post to read the complete article.